The following is an incomplete list of approved Technical Electives. Note that this list is based on historical data only; courses other than those listed may qualify. A list of historically unacceptable courses can be found at the bottom of the page. Please contact gerholdillinois [dot] edu (Laura Gerhold) with any questions.
If you would like to have a course reviewed for technical elective credit, please fill out this form and submit it to Laura Gerhold.
List effective December 2012.
AE Technical Electives
- AE 402 - Orbital Mechanics
- AE 403 - Spacecraft Attitude Control
- AE 410 - Computational Aerodynamics
- AE 412 - Viscous Flow & Heat Transfer
- AE 416 - Applied Aerodynamics
- AE 419 - Aircraft Flight Mechanics
- AE 420 - Finite Element Analysis
- AE 427 - Mechanics of Polymers
- AE 428 - Mechanics of Composites
- AE 434 - Rocket Propulsion
- AE 435 - Electric Propulsion
- AE 451 - Aeroelasticity
- AE 454 - Systems Dynamics & Control
- AE 468 - Optical Remote Sensing
- AE 482 - Introduction to Robotics
- AE 497* - Independent Study
- AE 498* - Special Topics
- ENG 491 CU1 & CU2 - Interdisciplinary Design Proj (CubeSat)
*No more than 3 hours total can be applied as AE Technical Elective and Non-AE Technical Elective.
Non-AE Technical Electives
*If under old curriculum.
The following is an incomplete list of courses not accepted as Technical Electives. Please contact gerholdillinois [dot] edu (Laura Gerhold) with any questions.