Theresa Ann Saxton-Fox
For more information
- Ph. D. Mechanical Engineering, California Institute of Technology 2018. PhD Thesis Title: ``Coherent structures, their interactions, and their effects on passive scalar transport and aero-optic distortion in a turbulent boundary layer.'' Advisor: Beverley McKeon
- M. S. Mechanical Engineering, California Institute of Technology 2013
- B. S. Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2012
- Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2019 - present
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Fluid Mechanics Transport Phenomena at Princeton University 2017 - 2018. Advisor: Marcus Hultmark.
Selected Articles in Journals
- A. Parthasarathy and T. Saxton-Fox, ``A novel experimental facility to impose unsteady pressure gradients on turbulent boundary layers.'' Experiments in Fluids. 2022.
- A. Borra and T. Saxton-Fox, ``Conditional and Space-Time POD for a Turbulent Boundary Layer with Aero-Optic Distortion.'' AIAA Journal. 2022.
- T. Saxton-Fox, A. Lozano-Duran, and B. J. McKeon. ``Amplitude and wall-normal distance variation of small scales in turbulent boundary layers,'' Physical Review Fluids. 2022.
- S. Shrivastava and T. Saxton-Fox. ``Correlation between Large-Scale Streamwise Velocity Features and the Height of Coherent Vortices in a Turbulent Boundary Layer,'' Fluids MDPI. 2021.
- A. Laskari, T. Saxton-Fox, and B. J. McKeon. ``Spatial organisation of velocity structures for large passive scalar gradients," Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 2020.
- T. Saxton-Fox, S. Gordevey, and B. J. McKeon. ``Effect of coherent structures on aero-optic distortion in a turbulent boundary layer,'' AIAA Journal. 2019.
- T. Saxton-Fox and B. McKeon. ``Coherent structures, uniform momentum zones, and the streamwise energy spectrum in wall-bounded turbulent flows," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Rapids. 2017.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- A. Bhattacharyya, M. Bashqawi, S. Y. Kim, W. Zheng, T. Saxton-Fox, K. James. "Computational design and experimental testing of a flexible bi-stable airfoil for passive flow control," AIAA Aviation 2021.
- A. Borra and T. Saxton-Fox. "Conditional POD and Space-Time POD for a Turbulent Boundary Layer with Passive Scalar Transport and Aero-Optic Distortion," AIAA Aviation 2021.
- A. Parthasarathy, S. Suri, T. Saxton-Fox ``Modal analysis in curvilinear coordinates,'' International Congress of Theoretical and Applied MechanicsÂ 2020/2021.
- T. Saxton-Fox, L. Ding, A. Smits, M. Hultmark. "Coherent structure deformation in a turbulent pipe flow with a spatially-developing pressure gradient," International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena Proceedings. 2019.
- L. Ding, T. Saxton-Fox, M. Hultmark, A. Smits. "Effects of pressure gradients and streamline curvature on the statistics of a turbulent pipe flow." International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena. 2019.
- A. Laskari, T. Saxton-Fox, and B. McKeon. "Organisation of velocity structures associated with large passive scalar gradients in a turbulent boundary layer." International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena Proceedings, 2019.
- T. Saxton-Fox and B. McKeon. "Modeling momentum and scalar transport in a wall-bounded turbulent flow," International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena Proceedings. 2017.
- T. Saxton-Fox and B. McKeon. "Scale interactions and 3D critical layers in wall-bounded turbulent flows," International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Proceedings. 2016.
- K. Rosenberg, T. Saxton-Fox, A. Lozano-Duran, A. Towne, and B. McKeon. "Toward low order models of wall turbulence using resolvent analysis," Proceedings of the 2016 Center for Turbulence Research Summer Program. 2016.
- T. Saxton-Fox, B. McKeon, S. Gordeyev, and A. Smith. "Aero-optical distortion as a marker of turbulent structure," International Symposium on Particle Image Velocimetry Conference Proceedings. 2015.
Recent Courses Taught
- AE 100 BD1 (AE 100 BD2, AE 100 BL1, AE 100 C) - Intro to Aerospace Engineering
- AE 311 - Incompressible Flow
- AE 412 (ME 411) - Viscous Flow & Heat Transfer
- AE 598 MAF - Modal Analysis of Fluid Flow