Aerospace Engineering Alumni Board and Aerospace Alumni Strategic Advisory Committee
The mission of the University of Illinois Aerospace Engineering Alumni Board is to advance the standing, reputation, effectiveness, accomplishments, and leadership of the department and, secondarily, The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois.
Roles of the AE Alumni Board members:
- To offer and maintain communication between the Department of Aerospace Engineering and its alumni.
- Assist the department in reaching out to high school students to foster their interest in the aerospace engineering department.
- Participate in mentorship opportunities for current students.
- Provide assistance to aerospace student organizations (assist in projects, student visits/tours, and webinars).
- Support student groups and courses in the curriculum by presenting “state of industry” or technical lectures.
President: Tracy Elving, BS ‘85, 3P Excellence Consulting LLC
Vice President: Tom Penn,BS ‘85, Cardiac Science
Erik L.Antonsen, BS ’97, MS ’01, PhD ’04, MD ’09, NASA
Craig Barton, BS '88, Vice President Technical Operations at American Airlines (retired)
Michael Burghardt, BS ‘85, Boeing
Robert Feconda, BS ‘81, Tiger Innovations
Mike Hopkins, BS ‘91, NASA
Suzy Hyun, BS '00, Senior Director and Program Manager at Northrop Grumman
Art Ibers, BS '84Senior Vice President Exploration and Mission Support at Leidos
Alex Kosmala, MS '90, Sr. VP of Energy & Construction at LB Foster
Andrea Lackey, BS ‘06, IRIS Technology Corporation
Jim McClelland, BS '86, Vice President Mission Architecture at Maxar Technologies Mission Architect, Innovator, Disrupter
James B. Mocarski, BS ‘89, Consultant
Bill Norby, BS ’85, MS ’89, The Boeing Company
Chris Raymond, BS ‘86, Boeing
Jon Riley, BS '87, MS '89, Senior Vice President, Digital Enterprise & Initiatives at NCMS – National Center for Manufacturing Sciences
Recent Alumni Advisory Group
Chair: Meghana Veeramachaneni, BS ‘18, Boeing
Kevin J. Burns, BS ‘18, Boeing
Steven Macenski, BS ’17, Samsung Research
Moiz Vahora, BS ’17, MS ’19, Boeing
Ashley Stahulak, BS ’19, Boeing
Charlie Rovin, BS ’20, Moog Inc
John Alaimo, BS ’12, MS ’19, Boeing
Samantha Paige, BS ’19, Boeing