Aerospace Engineering Alumni Board and Aerospace Alumni Strategic Advisory Committee
The mission of the University of Illinois Aerospace Engineering Alumni Board is to advance the standing, reputation, effectiveness, accomplishments, and leadership of the department and, secondarily, The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois.
Roles of the AE Alumni Board members:
- To offer and maintain communication between the Department of Aerospace Engineering and its alumni.
- Assist the department in reaching out to high school students to foster their interest in the aerospace engineering department.
- Participate in mentorship opportunities for current students.
- Provide assistance to aerospace student organizations (assist in projects, student visits/tours, and webinars).
- Support student groups and courses in the curriculum by presenting “state of industry” or technical lectures.
- Tracy Elving, president, BS'85 - 3P Excellence Consulting
- Tom Penn, vice president, BS '85 - Cardiac Science - Retired
- Craig Barton, chair (Masters & Certificates Alumni Advisory Group), BS '88 - American Airlines - Retired
- Suzy Hyun, chair (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access Alumni Advisory Group), BS '97 - Northrop Grumman
- Jon Riley, chair (Hypersonics Alumni Advisory Group), BS '87 MS '89 - National Center for Manufacturing Sciences
- Art Ibers, BS '84 - Leidos
- Dan Jensen, BS 88 - Rolls-Royce
- Jon Kelly, BS '90 - Accenture
- Alex Kosmala, MS '89 - AKC International
- Bill Norby, BS '85, MS '89 - The Boeing Company
- David Rowatt, BS '91 - Sarcos Robotics
- Derek Smith, BS '91 - PricewaterhouseCoopers
Recent Alumni Advisory Group
Chair: Meghana Veeramachaneni, BS ‘18 - Boeing
John Alaimo, BS ’12, MS ’19 - Boeing
Kevin J. Burns, BS ‘18 - Boeing
Katie Carroll, BS '19 - SpaceX
David Degenhardt, BS '17, MS '19 - Blue Origin
Courtney Leverenz, BS '21 - Virgin Galactic
Steven Macenski, BS ’17 - Samsung Research
Samantha Paige, BS ’19 - Boeing
Charlie Rovin, BS ’20 - Moog Inc
Ashley Stahulak, BS ’19 - Boeing
Moiz Vahora, BS ’17, MS ’19 - Boeing