Aerospace Engineering Alumni Board and Aerospace Alumni Strategic Advisory Committee
The mission of the University of Illinois Aerospace Engineering Alumni Board is to advance the standing, reputation, effectiveness, accomplishments, and leadership of the department and, secondarily, The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois.
Roles of the AE Alumni Board members:
- To offer and maintain communication between the Department of Aerospace Engineering and its alumni.
- Assist the department in reaching out to high school students to foster their interest in the aerospace engineering department.
- Participate in mentorship opportunities for current students.
- Provide assistance to aerospace student organizations (assist in projects, student visits/tours, and webinars).
- Support student groups and courses in the curriculum by presenting “state of industry” or technical lectures.
- President: Craig Barton, chair (Masters & Certificates Alumni Advisory Group), BS '88 - American Airlines - Retired
- Tom Penn, BS '85 - Cardiac Science - Retired
- Suzy Hyun, chair (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access Alumni Advisory Group), BS '97 - Northrop Grumman
- Chris Raymond, BS '86 - The Boeing Company
- Jon Riley, BS '87, MS '89 - National Center for Manufacturing Sciences
- Art Ibers, BS '84 - Leidos
- Dan Jensen, BS 88 - Rolls-Royce
- Jon Kelly, chair (Sustainability Alumni Advisory Group) BS '90 - Accenture
- Alex Kosmala, MS '89 - AKC International
- Bill Norby, BS '85, MS '89 - The Boeing Company
- David Rowatt, BS '91 - Sarcos Robotics
- Derek Smith, BS '91 - PricewaterhouseCoopers
- ex officio member Meghana Veeramachaneni, BS ‘18 - Boeing
Recent Alumni Advisory Group
Chair: Meghana Veeramachaneni, BS ‘18 - Boeing
Emily Tokarski, BS '20, MEng '21 - United Airlines
Kevin J. Burns, BS ‘18 - Boeing
Sara Legg, BS '20 - United Launch Alliance
Nick Zuiker, BS '18, MS '20 - The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
Katie Carroll, BS '19 - SpaceX
David Degenhardt, BS '17, MS '19 - Blue Origin
Courtney Leverenz, BS '21 - Virgin Galactic
Steven Macenski, BS ’17 - Samsung Research
Samantha Paige, BS ’19 - Boeing
Ashley Stahulak, BS ’19 - Boeing
Moiz Vahora, BS ’17, MS ’19 - Boeing