The Department of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is an international leader in aerospace science and engineering. With top 10 nationally ranked undergraduate and graduate programs, internationally renowned faculty, and state-of-the-art research facilities, the department has been committed to excellence and leadership in teaching, research, and service since its inception in 1944.
AE at Illinois offers graduate programs leading to the degrees of Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Aerospace Engineering (AE) and a Master of Engineering (MEng) with a concentration in Aerospace Systems Engineering. A student may pursue major study in one of the following general areas: aerodynamics, astrodynamics, combustion and propulsion, control systems, dynamical systems, fluid mechanics, structural mechanics, and materials.
- MS Degree Program
- Online MS Degree Program
- MEng Aerospace Systems Engineering
- Online MEng Aerospace Systems Engineering
- PhD Degree Program
- Direct PhD Degree Program
- Graduate College
- Graduate Catalog
- Course Explorer
- Course Registration
- Academic Calendar
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)/ENG 510 Course Policy
- Grainger College of Engineering Graduate Student Diversity Ambassadors
- Engineering IT Shared Services