Simple Entry Program for AE @ Illinois
Simple Entry Program
The Aerospace Engineering Graduate Program invites AE undergraduates in their final year of studies to use our Simple Entry Program (SEP) to enter graduate school to earn an MEng or MS. The SEP makes getting into graduate school quick, easy, and free. If you meet the below requirements, you will receive an automatic admission into our MS or MEng (your choice) program. To be eligible for the SEP, you must meet the following requirements:
- 3.0 UIUC overall GPA and 3.25 UIUC technical GPA.
- Matriculate in graduate school in the semester immediately following your graduation.
- Notify the graduate program (email@example.com) of your intention to apply via the SEP.
The below items will be required of all SEP applicants who meet the above Requirements:
- Online application (fee will be paid by AE; contact firstname.lastname@example.org after submission)
- DARS Report (wait for fall or spring grades to post; name must be on report)
- Passport (international students only*)
- Evidence of financial resources (international students only*)
Assistantships and Fellowships
Applicants will not automatically be considered for research assistantships or teaching assistantships at the time of admission. To be considered for a research assistantship, the admitted student must contact a faculty member for involvement in their research program. To be considered for a teaching assistantship (TA), the student must meet the English proficiency requirements and notify the Graduate Programs Office of their request for a TA position. Note that a TA position is not guaranteed and the Department has no obligation to provide one. Important: SEP applicants will not be considered for fellowships. To be considered for fellowships, the full application with recommendation letters and GRE scores must be submitted.
How to Apply
- Log into Slate, create an account and start your application: http://www.grad.illinois.edu/admissions/apply
- In the field for “Other Specializations”, enter “Simple Entry MS”.
- In the section titled “Fee Waiver”, click “Yes” that you are eligible for a fee waiver. Select Simple-Entry Program
- Leave the GRE section blank.
- Upload a copy of your DARS report after fall grades are posted (for fall applicants) or after all summer grades are posted (for spring applicants).
- Passport (if international), and funding documentation (if international) are required.
- Email the Graduate Programs Office (email@example.com) to let us know your application has been submitted. We will then begin your application review.
Final admission decisions rest with the Graduate College Admissions Office and require the completion of any academic degrees that were incomplete at the time of your application and maintaining a satisfactory GPA.
*All international applicants requesting visa eligibility documents (I-20 or DS-2019) are required to demonstrate that they have adequate financial resources to cover the cost of their education while in the United States. Financial documentation is required as part of the application process in order for visa eligibility documents (I-20 or DS-2019) to the U.S. to be issued. International applicants should upload the documentation directly to the online application using the Declaration and Certification of Finances form. This form includes the amount of funding required and the type of documentation required.
AE does not require evidence of financial resources at the time of application. Students who uploaded their documentation during the application process received their I-20 approximately three weeks sooner than those who waited until admission. All funding offers will be subtracted from the total amount of funding the applicant is required to show.