Aerospace Engineering Creative Resources
Effective August 2020:
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign recently updated its branding - colors, fonts, and wordmarks. When you use the official Illinois branding, you become part of something bigger. Using the logos/wordmarks correctly connects the Department of Aerospace Engineering to the history, legacy, values, and vision of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and The Grainger College of Engineering. It unifies and elevates recognition of the Illinois brand.
Bottom line: We are stronger as a department when we associate ourselves with the University of Illinois and The Grainger College of Engineering.
Think about how you recognize units in any large commercial company. Isn’t it a single logo or word treatment/font?
Aerospace engineering can have that same instant recognition when branded up with Illinois.
This Box folder contains updated department logos, Zoom backgrounds, and a PowerPoint template with the correct fonts and colors.
Note that the new branding guidelines allow colleges and some high-level units to have unique wordmarks, but not departments or labs.
All previous logos/wordmarks - for campus and for the Dept. of Aerospace Engineering - are discontinued and should not be used going forward.
- These logos designed and provided by campus are the only ones approved for use; they should not be altered.
- The new Aerospace Engineering letterhead is the only version faculty and staff are permitted to use, as is, with no alterations to the header or footer. Campus policy is that department heads or unit offices (HR and Payroll, for example) may have individualized letterhead, but not individual faculty or staff. Campus will not create it, nor are individuals allowed to create it on their own. This rule is in place to strictly preserve the Illinois brand (which encompasses more than just the Block I – fonts, spacing, specific wording, etc.). Please discontinue using any previous letterhead.
- Keep in mind that any student, student campus group, registered student organization, or sports club are prohibited from using the campus logos or the university seal on letterhead, business cards, or other identifying materials. Letterhead is for faculty and staff only.
- Any requests for Aerospace Engineering-branded merchandise must first be discussed with Aerospace Engineering Communications staff. The university has strict policies regarding licensed vendors, trademarked logos, and appropriate usage. Approval from the Trademark & Licensing Office is required.
- Students, student organizations and campus groups may use the university logos for special uses, such as a commemorative item (t-shirt, mug, etc.) that is for members use only. No royalties are due on these items. However, approval from the campus Trademark & Licensing Office is still required.
To read more about the logos, official updated colors, and to access campus PowerPoint templates and other resources, visit these links:
For additional questions, please email the AE Communications Coordinator.
an addition to create new
for composite manufacturing and